Meeting Notice- Draft Agenda
Nebraska Tourism Commission Meeting
February 23, 2015
Holiday Inn Hotel & Convention Center,
110 2nd Avenue - Kearney, NE(Executive Room on 2nd Floor)
1:00 – 3:00pm CST
Chairman of the Meeting: Commissioner John Chapo, Chair
- Approval of Agenda *
- Public Comment Period for items listed on the Agenda
- Approval of October 21, 2014 Meeting Minutes*, Approval of January 15, 2015 Meeting Minutes*
- Financial Update - Commissioner Loseke *
- Chairman’s Report - Commissioner John Chapo
- Executive Committee Communication, Committee Structures & 2015 Appointments, Commissioner Communication
- Commission Committee Reports
- Commission 2016 Conference Committee Report– Commissioner Burke
- Best Practices and Guiding Principles – Commissioner Loseke
- Marketing Update/Inter Active Web /Public Relations– Rich Claussen, Dave Wegener, Kathy McKillip
- Director’s Report
- 2015 Industry Webinars
- 2015 Designated Visitor Centers, 3T & Yacht Club (UNL Marketing group) updates, 2015 NWSS updates, 2015 Co-ops, media guide, ad opportunities. Desk Audit results and staffing updates.
- Commission draft minutes access and follow up
- Grant Updates – Heather Hogue
- New Business
- Scheduling Public Comment periods at Commission meetings.*
- Teleconferencing/webinar Commission meetings and adding additional meetings to the 2015 Calendar.
- Commission Meetings for 2015; February 23 - Kearney, May 6th – location - TBD*, September 1 – Grand Island*- Nebraska State Fair, October 20th- Columbus 2015 Annual Tourism Conference)
*Denotes Action Item
Open Meetings Law of the State of Nebraska will be available in the meeting room.Proposed agenda kept current and available for inspection on the Commission’s website, visitnebraska.com under the industry page 10 business days prior to each meeting, the Commission shall have the right to modify the agenda at said public meeting when convened. Requests for sign language or other assistance and interpreters will require a minimum of 72 hours advance notice to the Commission’s Director – 402-471-3796.
Next scheduled meeting will be held in May 6th, location TBD, 1:00-3:00pm. Check Visitnebraska.com for date postings, agenda or any changes.